Safe Hand Warm Hearts Inc. is seeking certified and compassionate caregivers to provide home care in Michigan. A Caregiver is a front line position serving as a representative of Safe Hands Warm Hearts and assists each client with the tasks offered by the company. The duties are not limited to those listed in the section below, but can vary based on client needs. The caregiver will work mostly on an independent basis and therefore must practice safe and sound judgment along with adherence to company policies.
The following list of duties serve as a guideline of possible responsibilities performed in the course of working with a client. The caregiver duties are not limited to those listed.
- Encouraging and assisting clients with a strong sense of self-esteem, dignity, and independence
- Providing a safe and positive physical, social, and psychological environment
- Taking a genuine interest in client’s life through engaging in activities such as games, reading, and visiting with client’s family, friends, and neighbors
- Driving clients to doctor appointments, hair appointments, shopping, errands, and outings
- Planning, shopping, and preparing nutritional meals and/or special diets as ordered and feeding if necessary
- Dusting, sweeping, vacuuming carpets floors and furniture
- Washing/drying/folding laundry, ironing, and changing linen
- Cleaning/scrubbing bathroom floor, sink, tub/shower, and toilet
- Assisting clients with bathing, grooming, and dressing
- Assisting with hearing aids and glasses
- Providing routine mouth care
- Assisting client with bladder/bowel protocol
- Turning and repositioning bed bound clients
- Preferred experience in home care.
- Valid drivers’ license and auto insurance.
- Clear background check, clear driving record check, drug test,
- Tuberculosis (TB) test
- Must be 18 years of age and able to work independently.
- Exhibit mature responsible behavior, and understand the necessity for client confidentiality
- Ability to follow direction and accurately report to the Administrator any changes in client’s condition
- Demonstrate caring and compassion nature along with the ability to handle client needs
- Must be open and available; maintaining flexibility for scheduling purposes
Steps to Apply
- Online application (click Start Application)
- Phone interview (15 mins)
- Attend an in-person orientation session (60 mins)